DiP-Pi PICO PIOT
Dual In-Line Package Raspberry Pi Pico
Rapid Prototyping Raspberry Pi Pico Stack-Able Boards
no cables – no solder – no lost time
Next shipment for this product is expected in the first week of May
The DiP-Pi PICO PIOT is an advanced powering system that cover all possible needs for application build-up based on Raspberry Pi PICO. It can supply the system with up to 1.5A@5V from 6-18 VDC on various powering sources like Cars, Solar Panels industrial plant etc. It supports LiPo or Li-Ion Battery charger as also simply switching from cable powering to battery powering or reverse (simplified UPS functionality). EPR power source is protected with PPTC Resettable fuse, Reverse Polarity, as also ESD. The DiP-Pi PICO PIOT contains Raspberry Pi PICO embedded RESET button and ON/OFF switch on all powering sources (USB, EPR or Battery). User can monitor (via A/D) battery level and External Powering Level with PICO’s A/D converters. Both A/Ds are protected also from ESD spikes with additional protection TVS. If for any reason user needs to use those PICO pins for their own application a simple 0402 resistors (0 OHM) need to be easy removed.
The charger is automatically charging connected battery (if used) but in addition user can switch it ON/OFF if their application needs it.
Each powering source or battery charger status is indicated by separate informative LEDs (VBUS, VSYS, VEPR, CHGR).
User can use any capacity of LiPo or Li-Ion type, however, must take care to use PCB protected batteries. The charger is set to charge battery with 500 mA current. This current is set by resistor so if user need can himself change it to higher or lower value adjusting current to application exact needs. It can be done also by supplier on customer request.
The DiP-Pi PICO PIOT can be also equipped with WiFi ESP8266 module with embedded or U.FL connector. It is also possible to configure this module ONLY with WiFi ESP8266, ON/OFF and reset switch. On that case system will be powered by PICO USB powering source only. Finally, header for the Raspberry Pi PICO can be soldered as male (top-end), Stack female (stack), or stack female-male (Pass-Through) for stacking of more DiP-Pi.
FUNCTIONALITY FOR DiP-Pi PICO PIOT
- Independent Informative LEDs (VBUS, VSYS, VEPR, CHGR)
- Raspberry Pi PICO RESET Button
- ON/OFF Switch for USB, EPR, Battery Powering
- External Powering 6-18V DC (Cars, Solar Panels)
- External Power (6-18VDC) Level Monitoring
- Battery Level Monitoring
- Charger ON/OFF Automatic/User Control
- Inverse Polarity Protection
- PPTC Fuse Protection
- ESD Protection
- Battery Charger (for PCB protected LiPo, Li-Ion)
- Automatic Switch from Cable Powering to Battery Powering and reverse (simple UPS)
- Can be used at the same time with USB Powering, External Powering
- 1.5A @5V Buck Converter on EPR
- WT8266 (ESP8266) WiFi Connectivity
- WT8266 Upload Switch
- Available connectors: Stack, Top-End, Pass-Through