Grove - Solid State Relay V2
Instead of using coil, packaged solid-state relays(SSR) use power semiconductor devices such as thyristors and transistors, which provide a much faster switching speed than the mechanical relays. The Grove - Solid State Relay V2 is based on the high-quality G3MC202P module, which allows you to use a 5VDC to control MAX. 240VAC. With the help of Grove interface, it becomes very convenient to use the SSR with your arduino.
According to different application scenarios, we've prepared a series of solid state relays for you.
1*Please be careful when working with high voltage AC load, please do not operate with power on.
2*This relay only works with AC load, if you use DC load, once the relay is turned on, it will always stay on.
3*Due to the leakage current, we do not recommend you to use this relay with low power appliance.
Advantages over mechanical relays:
- 1-Solid-state relays have much faster switching speeds compared with electromechanical relays, and have no physical contacts to wear out.
- 2-Totally silent operation.
- 3-No physical contacts means no sparking, allows it to be used in explosive environments, where it is critical that no spark is generated during switching.
- 4-Increased lifetime, even if it is activated many times, as there are no moving parts to wear and no contacts to pit or build up carbon.
- 5-Compact, thin-profile SSR of monoblock construction with an all-in-one lead frame incorporates a PCB, terminals and heat sink, which is much smaller than mechanical relays, and can integrate more channels.
- 1-When closed, higher resistance (generating heat), and increased electrical noise.
- 2-When open, lower resistance, and reverse leakage current.
- 3-Only works for AC laod.
- Operations that require low-latency switching, e.g. stage light control.
- Devices that require high stability, e.g. medical devices, traffic signals.
- Situations that require explosion-proof, anticorrosion, moisture-proof, e.g. coal, chemical industries.
Dimensions 40mm x20mm x25mm
Weight G.W 131g
Operating Input Voltage 4~6V
Rated Input Voltage 5V
Load Voltage Range 75 to 264 VAC 50/60 Hz
Rated Load Voltage 100 to 240 VAC 50/60 Hz
Load Current 0.1 to 2 A
Leakage Current 1.5 mA max. (at 200 VAC)
Insulation Resistance 1,000 MΩ min. (at 500 VDC)
Operating Temperature -30°C to 80°C (with no icing or condensation)
Operating Humidity 45% to 85%RH
Zero Cross support
Grove - Solid State Relay V2 1
Grove Cable 1
A set of Acrylic Shell 1